Italian fast food in the Carmel Centre
At a café, across from the venue
Most restaurants in Haifa are open on Saturday, as they are not kosher (unlike some other cities in Israel). Below are several suggestions for dining (by location). See also: Vegetarians.
The Carmel Center
Restaurants within walking distance of the venue:
- Type: Chef/Swiss
- Location: 6 David Pinsky St. Tel: (972-4)-8378666
- A Clasical Swiss restaurant located at the Carmel Centre. It is minutes walk from Dan Panorama, Nof, Dan Garden and Crown Plaza hotels, and is 5 minutes walk from the venue. Good value for money, though it is not cheap.
- Type: Burger-Bar (vegetarian, too)
- Location: 119 Sderot Hanassi Tel: (972-4)-8370737
- The restaurant is located 5 minutes walk from the venue.
- Location: 3 Derech Hayam Ave, The corner of Derech Hayam and Hanassi Ave., minutes from the venue
- Tel: (972-4)-8371670
- Location: 129 HaNassi Ave., minutes away from the venue
- Tel: (972-57)-9441047
- Location: 139 HaNassi Ave., across the street from the venue
- Tel: (972-4)-8360029
The Port Area
From the venue or hotels, this area may be reached by the Carmelit (exit on the last station - the Kikar Paris station), or by taxi.
- Type: French/Italian High end Cuisine
- Location: 24 HaNamal St. Tel: (972-4)-8628899
- A high end Italian/French chef restaurant. It is best to book in advance. The restaurant has a look of an Italian Piazza, surrounded by may small rooms decorated in Tuscan style. Considered one of the best restaurants in Haifa, if not the best. A three course meal without wine would cost about 150-200 shekels per person.
- Type: Eastern European pub and restaurant
- Location: 4 Natanzon St. (walking distance from the Haifa Merkaz railway station) Tel: (972-4)-8623193
- Opening hours: Sunday – Friday 9:00AM - 17:00PM, Tuesday till 24:00
- This restaurant pub specializes in eastern European food. Every Tuesday, the whole street closes, and a band plays for the guests who sit in the middle of the street.
The German Colony
- Type: Arabic/Italian
- Location: 38 Ben Gurion Blvd, The German Colony. Tel: (972-4)-8524930
- The restaurant is located in a restored building at the heart of the German colony. It is a symbol of coexistence - being a popular restaurant for all religions and ethnicities in Haifa. The menu has Arabic fair as well as Italian cuisine. Good value for money.
- The restaurant is minutes walk away from the Colony Hotel, and has a view of the Bahai Gardens.
- Type: Lebanese
- Location: 1 Tel Aviv St, The German Colony. Tel: (972-4)-8521792
- Houres: Sunday - Saturday 10:00 AM - 16:00 PM
- The restaurant is located minutes walk west of the Northern end of Ben Gurion Blvd.
- Since 1978, the restaurant serves home made simple and excellent Lebanese food, prepared from fresh produce every morning- and the diners choose the food at the counter from large trays showing the dishes of the day. The food changes daily, and when it runs out in the late noon hours, the restaurant closes for the day. Open for lunches only.
- Great value for money.
- The restaurant is minutes walk away from the Colony Hotel.