Submissions/mathematics in wikiversity
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2011.
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
University mathematical courses in wikiversity
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
Holger Brenner (alias Bocardodarapti)
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
University of Osnabrück
- Personal homepage or blog
University of Osnabrück: http://www.mathematik.uni-osnabrueck.de/index.php?controller=studip&username=hbrenner&action=data&id=person_detail wikiversity: http://de.wikiversity.org/wiki/Benutzer:Holger_Brenner
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
I would like to report on how I organize and present in the German Wikiversity the complete lecture and exercise material of the mathematical courses which I teach at the University of Osnabrück. In this way I have written so far seven courses (calculus, linear algebra, number theory, algebraic geometry, manifolds) which cover most part of pure mathematics of an undergraduate program. The students contribute to the content with corrections, questions, suggestions, pictures. The basic texts (definitions, theorems, proofs, examples) are written in separate files in order to make linking, referencing, multiple usage in different contextes etc. easy and effective. This working model (called semantic organization of mathematics) exhibits also some „e-learning features“ and enables to produce beside the web-based version an appealing (via latex) print-version (pdf).
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
Wiki and Education - Wiki in Knowledge Collaboration
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
do not know yet
- Slides or further information (optional)
not yet, but see http://de.wikiversity.org/wiki/Kurs:Mathematik_%28Osnabr%C3%BCck_2009-2011%29/Teil_I and http://de.wikiversity.org/wiki/Benutzer:Bocardodarapti/Pr%C3%A4sentation/Hannover_2009 to get a first impression
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).