Submissions/Wikipedia en el aula
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia en el aula (Wikipedia in the classroom)
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Patricio Lorente
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Argentina
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
Teachers of all levels of the educational system are facing a huge challenge: The internet is now part of the everyday life of their students and many of them just don't know how to deal with this new environment. In particular, many teachers don't know how to handle the presence and use of Wikipedia.
Wikimedia Argentina has collected experiences of teachers using Wikipedia in their classrooms, in different and creative ways, not only as a source of information but also improving the educational process. With this information, we published a booklet called "Wikipedia en el Aula" ("Wikipedia in the classroom"). During 2010 and 2011 we combined the booklet with workshops for teachers of all levels (and also for university students), and based on this work, the National Ministry of Education launched a website with a comprehensive set of educational tools and guides to help the teachers to use Wikipedia. This website is related to a government initiative to provide netbooks to 3 million secondary school students.
The presentation will share this initiative from the beginning, what we've learned in the process, and our prospects, taking into account that this experience is becoming massive and that we are dealing with new (and significant) partners.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Knowledge and Collaboration
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- I will use slides
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Ezarate 17:10, 30 April 2011 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 21:38, 30 April 2011 (UTC)
- MotherForker 18:30, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
- Marinna 20:10, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
- Vibhijain 13:50, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
- I found impressing the WM-AR results, briefly described at WMCON. Nemo 21:17, 12 June 2011 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni
- Aleposta 14:30, 26 June 2011 (UTC)
- Alexander Naumov 14:04, 28 July 2011 (UTC)