Submissions/Wikipedia content - thematics analysis
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
- Wikipedia content - thematics analysis
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Andrij Bondarenko (uk:User:A1)
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Ukraine
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- What do wikipedias write about? What is the structure of human knowledge, accumulated on Wikipedia? Thematics analysis of different language versions could answer these interesting questions. My first presentation on this theme is available here (in polish language). My new research comparing to polish one will include much more language versions of Wikipedia (all European languages with 500K+ and all Slavic languages with 100K+ articles), more data and more comparisons (including article traffic statistics fore most popular articles).
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
Unfortunately not due to lack of money.
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- I saw a polish version of this talk and I find it interesting. Lvova 04:32, 27 April 2011 (UTC)
- Proposition is interesting, will be more if Andriy add to research more data. Ency 17:21, 27 April 2011 (UTC)
- A1 has very effective ways to collect and display statistical data about wikipedias' thematic coverage. I think, that this presentation should be very interesting. Rave 17:58, 27 April 2011 (UTC)
- Fully support this idea. - Yety 18:11, 27 April 2011 (UTC)
- Sadads 15:08, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
- Statistical comparisons are always interesting. Andriy is also hardworking wikipedian, dovoted to the Wikimedia movement ideas. Perohanych 10:40, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
- Oversaw the project in the Ukrainian Wikipedia. Very interesting statistics. Yakudza 13:51, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
- Vibhijain 11:35, 5 May 2011 (UTC)
- Lexusuns 18:09, 5 May 2011 (UTC)
- DrorK 21:32, 7 May 2011 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni
- Waldir 22:48, 31 July 2011 (UTC)