Submissions/Wikipedia as UNESCO World Heritage - a status report
30px No slides known
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
Wikipedia as the first ever digital UNESCO World Heritage - a status report
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V.
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
As part of the celebrations of Wikipedia's tenth anniversary, Wikimedia Germany introduced the concept for a campaign for recognition of Wikipedia as the first ever UNESCO World Heritage site. The initial response from other chapters' representatives at the Berlin chapters' conference was overwhelmingly positive and Wikimedia Germany intends to keep on inviting other chapters to join the campaign. It is going to be a group challenge to build up momentum and public awareness for this step and we are exploring adequate channels for communication and a common international platform for this enterprise.
The talk is going to explain the motives behind this campaign, the official procedure on UNESCO's side and the specific campaign items for 2011.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
People and Community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).