Submissions/Wikipedia and the Commons in instructional design and learning activities
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
Wikipedia and the Commons in instructional design and learning activities
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
Salvör Kristjana Gissurardóttir salvor(at)gmail.com
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
University of Iceland
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
This tutorial will explain and demonstrate by examples how teachers and instructional designers can develop online learning materials and design online learning activities for students on a school mediawiki installation while connecting to Wikipedia for definitions and background material and Wikimedia Commons as a learning object repository.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
Wiki and Education - Wiki in Knowledge Collaboration
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
More information will by on http://www.esjan.com/index.php?title=Wikimania
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).