Submissions/Wikimedia Mobile Panel
30px No slides known
- Review no.
- Title of the Submission
Wikimedia Mobile: What we've learned and where we're headed
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
Presentation & Panel Discussion
- Author of the submission
Representatives from WMF Mobile Team: Patrick Reilly & Kul Wadhwa
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Kul Wadhwa: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patrick Reilly: email@example.com
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
The panel participants include all of the members at the Wikimedia Foundation that are currently working to better the Wikipedia mobile experience and increase the reach and accessibility of our mobile properties. The purpose of this presentation is to engage with the community around the different approaches we are taking to accomplish this. Including but not limited to: User experience research; Surveys, statistics, and other usage data; Technical Infrastructure; current and future development work; partnerships with providers; X; X; X.
We would like to both pose and answer questions and discuss different approaches, challenges, and solutions that fit the unique nature of our organization and community. The presenters will also share recent and upcoming plans to further increase Wikipedia's reach and presence in the increasingly mobile world.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
Community and Infrastructure
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Steven (WMF) 20:59, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
- Tinucherian 07:06, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- Vibhijain 16:36, 7 May 2011 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni
- Cip 08:51, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
- Ruslik 08:53, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
- RajeshPandey 13:56, 4 August 2011 (UTC)