Submissions/Wiki urban art
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2011.
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
- Wiki urban art
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, presentation)
- It can be a simple presentation if I am the only urban artist, a workshop if we are two, a tutorial if we are 3 or more
- Author of the submission
- Thomas Louis Jacques Schmitt
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Le MUR / The WALL (non profit urban art association)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- In order to let this abstract short, I will assume that the reader can have acess to the urban art and street art articles in every languages. I will not use the term street art. If you want to know why, please read the « street art » article I paradoxaly created in simple english. Grafitti is off topic. This said ; Urban art is one of the first art movement that grew up with the Internet. For one person who has seen a Banksy Stencil in Bristol, 1.000 or more have seen it on the Internet. It was true for Picasso (and cinema and TV). Yet, Guernica is still visible at Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía when the original stencil by Banksy may now only exists as a Creative Commons binary file. So maybe wiki and urban art can interact in a way. Simply by gluing or sticking articles in the streets of Haifa in different languages ? Why not ? Maybe in a broader photographic relation. The Shepard Fairey / Obama / Associated press trial is an exemple of the limitation of the spreading of images. What about text ? By making urban art (posters) with the wiki texts, we can make visible the true nature of wiki. For exemple a fist poster with a 2004 version of an article; just as it was created, and next to it the 2005 version etc. It is very cheap to do (look what JR has done) and may have a lot of meaning. So I guess it could be a presentation, a panorama of what urban art is. Encyclopedism was not only a compilation of knoldge. It rose an aesthetic, the enlightment. The Wiki movement to will provoke a new change. For urban artists are wiki users and sometimes… contributors.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- me, myself and I, the urban art community of Haifa
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- If my wife let me, yes.
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Tom Tom / Hephaestus Franck Slama 14:53, 24 January 2011 (UTC)
- Georgiasouthernlynn 22:13, 2 March 2011 (UTC)
- Missvain 15:55, 24 March 2011 (UTC)
- Vibhijain 13:47, 4 May 2011 (UTC)