Submissions/WikiProject: Public Art
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
- WikiProject:Public Art
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Sarah Stierch
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Missvain 15:53, 5 April 2011 (UTC)
- Country of origin
- United States
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- The George Washington University
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
Founded in 2009, WikiProject:Public Art (formerly Wikipedia Saves Public Art) seeks to “...to create new articles about public art, place existing articles within the context of art history and raise public awareness about their existence within communities. WikiProject:Public art is designed to be a global and multi-lingual project.”
In a nutshell Wikiproject:Public Art seeks to document every single work of public art in the world on Wikipedia. By doing so, we hope to encourage public awareness, care and conservation, as well as a dialogue about these artworks amongst the public and scholarly world. Through geolocation, photographic documentation, and thorough research we have been able to document upwards of 1,000 public artworks across the world.
This presentation will discuss the goals of Wikiproject:Public Art, successes and struggles in working with the public and students, copyright conflicts, mobile technology, related projects (Wiki and not), and further opportunities for Wikipedians and the public to get involved in this empowering and impactful project.
I will utilize a PowerPoint for this presentation.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
Culture & Community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
I can only attend if I have a Fellowship. If my submission is not accepted and I receive a Fellowship I will still attend.
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- HstryQT 15:56, 5 April 2011 (UTC)
- Sadads 16:08, 5 April 2011 (UTC)
- Iopensa 05:03, 6 April 2011 (UTC) (I'd like to attend the presentation and to get involved in the project; more specifically by contributing to contents on public art produced in Africa and by involving African institutions - GLAM - working in this field)
- Marcus Cyron 15:55, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- Witty lama 06:08, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
- Vibhijain 13:47, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
- Aude 18:54, 10 May 2011 (UTC)