Submissions/What place for companies on Wikipedia ?
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
What place for companies on Wikipedia ?
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
schiste - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
For years Wikipedian have been "hunting" companies trying to "improve" their articles. At that time Wikipedia website was known but not its core concepts. Result was companies thinking of the articles about them as theirs and couldn't even consider that they would not own those articles.
Within a few years things have changed. First Wikipedia is better known. If not everyone in those companies fully understand the entire concept, they generally know and understand that we're a collaborative project. Second, 2000s' was the time of the green communication. With the explosion of Social Medias, companies are more and more going to social communication. They're more and more trying to have a conversational relationship with their customers, offer them non-commercial content, etc.
And here is an opportunity for us.
During my presentation, I'll try to explain why companies might be our next "GLAM" and how they can improve our projects. I'll also try to show we can have companies participating in Wikipédia, respecting all of our rules, and be fine with that.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
People and Community - Knowledge and Collaboration
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).