Submissions/The Free Wiki World Map: Openstreetmap
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
The power of The Free Wiki World Map: Openstreetmap
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
OpenStreetMap (OSM) is a collaborative project to create a free editable map of the world. The maps are created using data from portable GPS devices, aerial photography, other free sources or simply from local knowledge. Both rendered images and the vector graphics are available for download under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 licence.
The tutorial will include a introduction into the project (5 min), followed by a demonstration. Depending on the available time, this will include:
- how to include OSM-maps in Wikipedia
- how to include GPS-tracks, and edit the map (JOSM, Merkaartor, web edit)
- demonstration of the similarities between Wikipedia and OSM
- Haiti Crisis Map: helping foreign aid workers by mapping the city
- how can Wikipedia help OSM?
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Haxpett 00:22, 25 March 2011 (UTC)
- Aude 22:01, 1 April 2011 (UTC) (and willing to be an assistant, for the tutorial, if MADe needs extra help)
- JuhaV 13:42, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
- Erik Zachte 14:05, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
- Vibhijain 13:41, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni
- Yarl 15:08, 29 June 2011 (UTC)
- Polimerek 08:55, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- Add your username here.