Submissions/Strategies for free access to Wikipedia
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2011.
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
Strategies for free access to Wikipedia
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
Arjuna Rao Chavala
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Wikimedia Chapter, India
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
Though the information on Wikipedia site is free, the on-line or off-line access is not free in most developing countries. Internet access is regulated and restricted in most academic environments. For general public, free internet access is almost unthinkable. The panel aims to discuss the approaches and the outcomes and come up with alternate approaches for providing free online or offline access to wiki projects. The use of public libraries, smart phones, kiosks will be explored.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
To be updated
Hi Interested attendees I am not able to make it to Wikimania, as I have not received scholarship. If any of the attendees would like to lead this session, please feel free to change this page to reflect the same. --Arjunaraoc 06:07, 31 March 2011 (UTC)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- CasteloBranco 20:21, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
- Sky Harbor 06:33, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
- CT Cooper · talk 12:03, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
- Hindustanilanguage 11:25, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
- Casual 13:33, 25 March 2011 (UTC).
- Bejinhan 10:48, 1 April 2011 (UTC)
- Tinucherian 04:42, 6 April 2011 (UTC)
- Vibhijain 13:40, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
- Waldir 14:37, 19 May 2011 (UTC)