Submissions/Strategies for Wikinews
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
- Strategies for Wikinews
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Milos Rancic
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Millosh
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikinews in Serbian
- Personal homepage or blog
- <to be added>
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Unlike Wikipedia and other projects, Wikinews has very specific dynamics: if there is no constant flow of news, it is not useful, readers are not coming and it is not possible to transform readers into editors/journalists. This paper discusses a couple of approaches for transformation Wikinews into the attractive source of information. Some of the approaches are already implemented into Wikinews in Serbian, some of them are not.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Community, Collaboration and Infrastructure
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- CasteloBrancomsg 06:41, 26 March 2011 (UTC)
- Vibhijain 10:49, 5 May 2011 (UTC) Wikinews is still a challenge and less people com to this site for news. We need to encourage users to edit here.
- Tkoch 10:52, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
- Jewbask 20:11, 23 May 2011 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni
- Ruslik 09:18, 25 July 2011 (UTC)