Submissions/Participating in research projects
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
Participating in research projects
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
Mathias Schindler, Angelika Adam, Denny Vrandecic, Dario Taraborelli
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
Germany, Croatia, USA
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Wikimedia Deutschland, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
Starting September 2010, Wikimedia Deutschland has, as the first chapter ever, entered an official partnership within a research project funded by the European Union, RENDER ( http://render-project.eu ). RENDER is a three year project with a funding of more than 4 Million Euro and seven partners all over Europe. RENDER will help with dealing with knowledge diversity all over the Web, with Wikipedia being one of its main three use cases.
This talk is aimed primarily at representatives of the chapters. We will present and discuss the rationale behind joining externally funded research projects, the advantages and challenges, and the required structures. Our goal is to provide support if desired towards making more chapters eligible for such funding schemes, and to help with understanding the implications of such collaborations.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
People and Community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
Unsure, due to funding.
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).