Submissions/Palace of Versailles and Wikimedia projects : feedback on the experience
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
- Palace of Versailles and Wikimedia projects : feedback on the experience
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimédia France & Château de Versailles
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
Since mid-February 2011, Wikimédia France and the Château de Versailles have signed an agreement to work together to give information to people about the palace and offer deep and relevant sources to the volunteers. For this, I'm currently a wikimedian in residence for six months, until mi-August 2011. This experience is the first in France, and one of the first with an international museum.
This presentation will be a global feedback on the experience. It will present successes and failures, on every Wikimedia projects (like Wikipedia, Wikisource and Commons), and every languages. This presentation will share the experience about difficulties and obstacles of this residence, benefits for each partner, and what did it changed on the French cultural sector. It will open a global reflexion : What are the difficulties and the obstacles to a residence ? What does communities and GLAM partners have to change to make it successful ? Is residence a good way for partnerships ? Does the Château de Versailles become autonomous on his use of Wikimedia projects ? This final part will open the debate with others wikimedians.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Knowledge and Collaboration
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- MADe 17:31, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- TCY 00:03, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
- Sadads 18:36, 15 April 2011 (UTC)
- ~ Seb35 [^_^] 22:28, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
- Marcus Cyron 15:27, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- Serein 21:18, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
- Anthere 14:59, 27 April 2011 (UTC)
- Beat Estermann 21:17, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
- Missvain 01:43, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
- Witty lama 06:04, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
- Blahma 12:57, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
- Vibhijain 13:07, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
- Aude 18:52, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
- ProtoplasmaKid 20:53, 24 May 2011 (UTC)
- Mietchen 02:49, 27 May 2011 (UTC)
- HstryQT 18:39, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
- iopensa 13:03, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
- Add your username here.