Submissions/MediaWiki as enterprise software
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2011.
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
- MediaWiki as enterprise software
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Yaron Koren
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- United States
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
MediaWiki is a popular tool for corporations and organizations of every size. A suite of extensions exists, including Semantic MediaWiki, that turn MediaWiki into a powerful application for data management, and let it compete with any so-called enterprise wiki software. This talk will present one view of "best practices" in implementing MediaWiki for the enterprise, along with some experiences in MediaWiki-based consulting and custom development for large organizations. The talk will also include some thoughts on the relationship between the Wikimedia Foundation and the corporate MediaWiki community.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Wiki Technology - Communication and Business
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).