Submissions/Iberocoop: Regional cooperation in action
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
- Iberocoop: Regional cooperation in action.
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Galileo Vidoni, Ivana Lysholm & Osmar Valdebenito
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- galiowikimedia.org.ar, ishawikimedia.org.ar & osmarwikimediachile.cl
- Country of origin
- Argentina & Chile
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
Iberocoop is a regional cooperation framework that brings together existing Wikimedia chapters and working groups in Ibero-America (Latin America, Spain and Portugal) plus Italy. It was created after a successful meeting in Wikimania 2010 and aims to foster collaboration between its participating groups, who share strong linguistic and cultural ties. Its mailing list is unique in that is effectively multilingual: participants write in their own native languages (Italian, Spanish or Portuguese).
From June 24-26, 2011, the first Ibero-American Wikimedia Summit will be held in Buenos Aires and representatives from Argentina, Bolivia, Brasil, Chile, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Uruguay and Venezuela will be invited. We will deal with different topics and challenges having to do with both our region and the Wikimedia movement as a whole, speaking in our native languages and including not only existing chapters but also those groups that are making their first steps towards organization.
We want the Ibero-American Wikimedia Summit to be useful for future, new and existing chapters; to establish a landmark on using languages other than English on the global level; to produce input for the WMF and chapters on implementing the movement’s strategic goals in Ibero-America; and especially to help strenghtening the Wikimedia movement in Latin America, as a particular region within the developing world/Global South/Third World (we’ll also discuss this ‘Global South’ concept).
In this panel, different members from Iberocoop’s participant groups will explore the advantages, challenges and opportunities of our proposed model of regional cooperation (Why? When? How?), and to share with the rest of the movement our common initiatives so far, as well the ideas, experiences and conclussions gathered after the Ibero-American Summit.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- People and Community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Iberocoop (also in Spanish and Portuguese)
- Ibero-American Wikimedia Summit 2011 (also in Spanish and Portuguese)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
Add your username here.
- Góngora 10:21, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
- Jewbask 17:25, 13 April 2011 (UTC)
- Marcus Cyron 15:21, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- Waldir 15:47, 21 April 2011 (UTC)
- Vibhijain 12:56, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
- Lodewijk 14:15, 19 May 2011 (UTC)
- Nemo 22:15, 12 June 2011 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni
- CasteloBrancomsg 06:37, 26 June 2011 (UTC)
- Aleposta 14:14, 26 June 2011 (UTC)
- ProtoplasmaKid 14:23, 26 June 2011 (UTC)
- Jwild 00:45, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Raystorm 17:58, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
- Everton137 14:34, 5 August 2011 (UTC)