Submissions/Encouraging Participation in Wikimedia Projects
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
- Encouraging Participation in Wikimedia Projects
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
Brandon Harris, Howie Fung, Steven Walling
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
The recent research on trends within the Wikipedia editor community highlight a need to focus on participation. This session discusses some of the features, experiments, and ideas that are aimed at encouraging participation, particularly among new editors.
We'll cover three basic topics:
- What's up now vis a vis features, esp...
- Article Feedback Tool
- Some analyses of those features
- What's planned for the future, such as...
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- People and Community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Note that this session will be focusing on the constructive activities aimed at encouraging participation. If you're interested in the research that has motivated this work, you should see this session on research at the Wikimedia Foundation.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Vibhijain 07:14, 8 May 2011 (UTC)
- Mietchen 07:34, 20 May 2011 (UTC)
- Manuel 19:22, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- Nemo 20:53, 12 June 2011 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni
- Geraki 05:49, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
- Roy Emanuel 06:50, 30 June 2011 (UTC)
- Ruslik 09:03, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
- Shovel 11:36, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
- MetalBrasil 19:27, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Mglfilho 16:51, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- HstryQT 18:44, 30 July 2011 (UTC)