- Review no.
- Title of the submission
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Chair of Wikimedia Österreich (Austria)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
We want to present the MediaWiki extension "Collaborative Watchlist" and also get additional ideas of improving it. As we already have a working installation of this extension we plan to do some kind of evaluation and development Workshop, which is split in two parts. In the first part we want to show what the extension can do and how other projects can make use of it. In the second part we want to have an open discussion on how to improve the extension and what special needs other language Wikimedia projects may have concerning the "Collaborative Watchlist".
The "Collobobrative Watchlist" is an extended implementation for the well known user watchlist Mediawiki has. Showing changes in a list of pages and also categories (including subcategories). But instead of being used by one single user it can be used by groups of users in a collaborative way. The goal is a distributed effort for patrolling all recent changes within a defined category (or article-list) with a number of users who have to tick off changes to this "multi user" Watchlist only once because the list entrys disappear after being checked when used in default-mode. This prevents doing the same work multiple times by multiple users. Users can also add comments on the changes that they have done, add tags to edits, similar to the projects of quality and importance scales on the english language Wikipedia.
The development of the extension was funded by Wikimedia Österreich (Austria). Hopefully it will be integrated and tested on the german language and other Wikipedias soon.
The code can be found on the Wikimedia Subversion repository:
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
Knowledge and Collaboration
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- 80686 20:50, 31 March 2011 (UTC)
- JuhaV 11:40, 14 April 2011 (UTC)
- Eloquence 03:44, 1 May 2011 (UTC)
- DarTar 20:49, 5 May 2011 (UTC)
- Vibhijain 07:04, 8 May 2011 (UTC)
- Denis Barthel 09:43, 18 May 2011 (UTC)
- Nemo 21:23, 12 June 2011 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni
- MetalBrasil 19:18, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Mglfilho 16:51, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- Krinkle 20:16, 31 July 2011 (UTC)
Sign the petition in order to get this extension activated on the Wikimedia wikis: