Submissions/Collaborative Hypervideo Authoring in Common Wikis Engines
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
- Collaborative Hypervideo Authoring in Common Wikis Engines
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Niels Seidel
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
Nise81 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- International Graduate School Zittau
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
Wikis are Web-based collaborative systems that allow users to create, share and interlink content. Existing wikis restrict users to edit and arrange text with other embedded media formats. Unfortunately moving pictures are handled as a whole without considering their temporal dimension. Their time-related composition and association with other parts of the wiki are withhold from the users influence. Thus, current wikis cannot be used to host or author rich dynamic and interactive hypervideos along with hypertext elements. In this presentation I introduce ViWiki, an approach for seamless and collaborative integration of interactive hypervideos into existing wiki environments. ViWiki combines the wiki metaphor with a direct manipulation user interface for hypervideo authoring and particular markup conventions. In a first use case we transfered a book about a German Concentration Camp into a wiki and added further hypervideo interviews with survivals and contemporary witnesses.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Knowledge and Collaboration
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).