Submissions/Baloch Culture and its Future
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is an open submission for Wikimania 2011.
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
- Baloch culture and its future.
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- Behroz Baloch
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Balochistan (Pakistan)
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Baloch and its culture has a history of more than 1000 years. This culture has seen up and downs in the shape of regional occupancy and conflicts but up till now it is somehow maintained and has kept its unique style but the modern day countries under which Balochistan falls are Pakistan and Iran which for the last 50 years have supremacy over the region and are imposing forced Iranian and Punjabi cultures over Baloch.
- All this need motivation and recent studies and visits by Sweden and Norway in Balochistan have opened this unique culture to the world and local intellects are also now capable of promoting this culture in and outside the region.
- The problems which Baloch culture is currently facing is the regional suppression and atrocities by Pakistan and Iran. For this International help is regarded for the empowerment of Baloch people and its culture.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Add your username here.