Submissions/Account Creation Improvement Project
30px No slides known
- Review no.
- Title of the submission
Account Creation Improvement Project - getting the new users to start editing
- Type of submission (workshop, tutorial, panel, presentation)
- Author of the submission
- E-mail address or username (if username, please confirm email address in Special:Preferences)
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
Fellow of the Wikimedia Foundation
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
I will present the Account Creation Improvement Project, where we try to make it easier for new users to register an account, but also increase the likelihood of the new users actually starting to edit. Is that even possible? During this presentation I will show you a few things your Wikipedia language version can do to increase the inflow of new users who know how Wikipedia works.
First, a survey on new users. What do they want from their new accounts?
Then, a few small tests - and a clash with the Recent changes patrol on English Wikipedia, that had an interesting conclusion
And lastly, a technical solution to understand the new users, and what we learned from that.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
Wiki Culture and the Community
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
Not finished yet. Some experiments and some conclusions are still coming in.
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- Sadads 15:01, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
- Phoebe 00:08, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
- Andrew Garrett
- Haxpett 18:06, 3 May 2011 (UTC)
- Vibhijain 12:42, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
- Aude 18:47, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
- Juttavd 23:35, 10 May 2011 (UTC)
- Nemo 21:02, 12 June 2011 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni
- HstryQT 18:44, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
- Add your username here.