Global South Meeting
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Strategy Workshop, Developer
Notes from meeting: http://ietherpad.com/GlobalSouthMeeting On-wiki backup of Etherpad, as of Aug 30th 2011: /Notes
The workshop is scheduled for a day, without fixed topics. Most of the participating people do not see each other or did not see each other at all. To facilitate the preparation we anyway want to give some ideas what points of discussions might be.
- get to know each other
- no limits brainstorm to identify ideas, challenges, potential solutions
- separate out developer relevant parts
- work out a short todo list where the items can be forwarded to the relevant bodies for further decision / action
Half a day is reserved for a combined session with the Offline Developers Meeting.
- wikimedia projects and others (wikisource, wikiversity, openstreetmap, healthblabla, google womens(?), ...)
- languages, and rare languages
- licenses and awareness
- citing references, "oral culture"
- internet connection
- offline and mesh, both consuming and contributing
- user interfaces
- crowdsourcing / organizational development
- potential parties: universities, schools, government offices
- diseminate: facebook, radio, ...
- strategy/contracts of others, e.g facebook with orange, ....
Time and Venue
- August 2nd, 9:00 - 17:00
- Beit Hecht, room Tavor (1st floor)
just sign up here!
- Jon Harald Søby 13:21, 13 June 2011 (UTC)
- Rupert THURNER
- Ijon 22:00, 13 June 2011 (UTC)
- Kelson 07:24, 14 June 2011 (UTC)
- Jewbask 13:50, 15 June 2011 (UTC) -is it possible to join sometime in the afternoon? I may arrive after lunchtime
- sure, come whenever it is possible for you. --80686 07:44, 30 June 2011 (UTC)
- MotherForker 22:27, 16 June 2011 (UTC)
- Jwild 00:03, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
- Rgaudin 07:48, 22 June 2011 (UTC)
- Papson59 http://wikimania2011.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Global_South_Meeting
- Xelawafs 12:27, 30 June 2011 (UTC)
- --Juan de Vojníkov 16:54, 4 July 2011 (UTC)
- (I'm interested, but I'll probably be at the Developer Days because it's at the same time :-( SPQRobin 19:10, 8 July 2011 (UTC) )
- Kiril Simeonovski 12:52, 15 July 2011 (UTC)
- Rich Farmbrough 23:39, 15 July 2011 (UTC) Looking forward to it!
- Rodrigogomesonetwo 01:23, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
- Dovi 11:10, 1 August 2011 (UTC)
- Srikeit 07:57, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
- Taweetham 11:17, 2 August 2011 (UTC)
Session at Chapters Meeting, optional
The session at the chapters meeting builds onto the results of the workshop. Two arguments for holding it:
- not all interested chapter people might be already in Haifa for the developers meeting
- condensed items from the workshop and discussed
For the topics, see above. Collect the input of people who could not make it to the workshop, test the viability of ideas, support.
Organisation / Responsible
- Rupert Thurner - Wikimedia CH
- Manuel Schneider