OpenZIM Developers Meeting
openZIM is the file format and software used for Wikipedia offline. It provide an efficient storage technology.
The openZIM project has a community throughout the world. To ease communications and meetings it has decided to have a developers meeting prior Wikimania. So everyone interested in technical details around Wikipedia Offline is invited to participate in this developers meeting and get involved with openZIM.
Time and Venue
- August 2nd and 3rd, 9:00 - 17:00
- Beit Hecht, room Carmel (1st floor)
just sign up here!
- --80686 13:27, 8 June 2011 (UTC)
- --Rgaudin 13:43, 8 June 2011 (UTC)
- --Ijon 17:35, 8 June 2011 (UTC) (no funding required)
- I will probably not be able to participate during the whole day, due to other engagements. :(
- Kelson 05:34, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
- Cip 17:24, 21 June 2011 (UTC)
- Rotem Simha (WMIL)
- Itamar Syn-Hershko (CLucene and HebMorph developer)
- Matthias Esterl
- Xelawafs 21:42, 21 July 2011 (UTC)
- Jwild 00:39, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- kidzangi 11:51, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
- I also can only participate for part of the day, due to other commitments
- your username
The openZIM project is funding travel costs and accommodation for their participants at the developers meeting.
- PediaPress, Collections and openZIM
- Usability evaluation of Kiwix
- Evaluation and extension of Wikipedia Release Version Tools
- Category Handling - get the implementation done
- Review templating (layoutPage, /B/ namespace)
- Kiwix and CLucene integration
- Outreach to non-Wikimedians to bundle Kiwix and Wikimedia projects with their work
Organiser / Responsible
Manuel Schneider - openZIM project lead