Wikimania emergency staff
If you get seriously lost or stuck after landing in Israel, one of our staff members will be available 24/7 at the following numbers:
- +972-57-2999833 (057-2999833 when calling from an Israeli number)
- +972-57-7509659 (057-7509659)
Haifa is served by six railway stations as well as the Carmelit, Israel's only subway system.
The Nahariya–Modi'in line of Israel Railways runs along the coast of the Haifa Bay and has five stations within the city. The line connects the city to Ben Gurion Airport, which is located south of Tel Aviv.
Note - not all trains that reach Tel Aviv also reach the airport, and not all trains that leave the airport reach Haifa. Attendees to the conference using the trains to reach Haifa need to use the trains from the Airport or from Tel Aviv to Haifa or Nahariya. All trains to Nahariya stop at Haifa.
From Hof HaCarmel bus station to Technion Dorms
Bus 11 (platform 16). When 11 is not available, take bus 123 (platform 15) to Kikar Ziv and then 17, 19, 31, 76, 77 or 142 to Technion. 25–35 minutes.
Address: Senate dorms at the Technion Campus Map: path by car from dorms to convention area Distance from the conference venue: ca. 20 minutes by car. Beds: 48 Regular Buses: First bus stop on the Technion campus.
- from the venue:
- about 25 minutes on line 31. Daily 06:40–19:30; Friday 06:45–12:30; Saturday: doesn't work. 20–25 minutes.
- Bus 200: every night including Friday, 23:00–04:00 every half-hour. Go to Kikar Ziv and walk to the Technion (about 10 minutes)
- Bus 28: to Kikar Ziv outside of the Technion.
- from Merkazit Hof HaKarmel: about 30 minutes on line 11.
- from Merkazit ha-Mifrats: about 20 minutes on line 142.
- All night service from Merkazit Hof HaKarmel to the venue, continuing to the Technion: line 200.
- For schedules see Egged's trip planner.
Comments: Linen and towels will be provided. Dorm rooms are air conditioned.
Check-in will take place at the Senate dorms, Building 163, Apartment 3
- Check in hours:
- 1 August - 7:00 am - 11:00am; 16:00 - 22:00
- 2 August - 5:00 am - 11:00am; 16:00 - 20:00
- 3 August - 8:00 am - 11:00am; 16:00 - 19:00
- The Senate dorms are located next to the Churchill Building.
Shuttles from the Technion dorms to the venue:
Tuesday- Saturday, 2-6 August - 08:00 (8am)
Sunday. 7 August – 07:45 (7:45am)
Shuttles from the venue to the Technion Dorms:
Tuesday, 2 August – 20:00 (8pm), 22:00 (10pm)
Thursday, 4 August – 21:00 (9pm), 21:30 (9:30pm)
Friday, 5 August – 19:30 (7:30pm).
Saturday, 6 August – 17:15 (5:15pm)
Shuttles from the Technion dorms to the Beach Party on Saturday – At 19:00 (7pm)
Special shuttles from the venue
Shuttles to the Early Comers’ Party:
Wednesday, 3 August, at 19:30 (7:30pm) – Shuttle from the party will return the attendees to the dorms and hotels directly.
Shuttles to the beach party
On Saturday, 6 August, at 17:15 (5:15pm) and 18:45 (6:45pm), these shuttles are in addition to those leaving from the dorms and from the hotels of Mount Carmel and Dan Panorama and Nof.