Submissions/Cooperation across different Wikipedia languages - the death anomalies case study
- Review no.
- Cooperation across different Wikipedia languages - the death anomalies case study
- Type of submission
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organization, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (please use no less than 300 words to describe your proposal)
Launched in June 2010 the Death anomalies project is a semantic wiki project that now runs on eight Wikipedia language projects and uses data from more than eighty others. It has resulted in improvements to well over a thousand articles across dozens of languages and has prompted a number of editors to edit beyond their home wikis.
It is unusual for Wikipedia for several reasons, firstly it uses Wikipedia as a semantic wiki, and secondly it uses data from about eighty different language versions of Wikipedia, thirdly it is encouraging editors to work across different language versions.
This presentation will cover:
The good and bad points of the project.
Some differences that are emerging between different language versions of Wikipedia.
Some lessons that have been learned and which might be applicable to future projects that run across multiple language versions.
Potential extra uses of this software.
- Track (People and Community/Knowledge and Collaboration/Infrastructure)
- Will you attend Wikimania if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with four tildes. (~~~~).
- CT Cooper · talk 12:19, 30 January 2011 (UTC)
- Helder Ribeiro 17:01, 15 March 2011 (UTC)
- Ijon 22:58, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
- Yaron Koren 14:34, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
- Marcus Cyron 15:07, 19 April 2011 (UTC)
- Millosh 14:20, 20 April 2011 (UTC)
- Phoebe 00:07, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
- Vibhijain 13:53, 4 May 2011 (UTC)
- Amir E. Aharoni
- Jon Harald Søby 14:10, 13 June 2011 (UTC)
- Viatcheslav Ivanov
- Raystorm 17:51, 30 July 2011 (UTC)